Here are two uplifting trance tracks to start your week out right. For those of you on the East Coast, dig out of your snow dens and brave your challenging commutes with these tracks.
Here is a house track with trance tracks as bookends.
1:32. This slow build with airy vocals and piano notes just gives you the feeling something great is going to happen. Spoiler alert: something great does happen at 2:18. Beautiful.
Michael Woods produces some great old-school sounding house. This one is borderline funky sounding.
This is just a classic example of uplifting trance. I love 0:50.
Eric Prydz is widely regarded as an electronica/progressive genius. He is the best there is and has really carved out a nice niche for himself within the EDM scene. The addition of Rob Swire (also on Deadmau5’s Ghosts N Stuff) is the icing on the cake.
Here is another solid progressive track from the Macarize label. These Macarize tracks won’t be remembered as classics, but they are fresh and light. They are great to have on in the background.
Here is a tropical house sounding remix of “Can’t Feel My Face”.
A stark contrast to my previous post feature a hardcore trance/deep/progressive compilation, Dance Floor Filth 5 is the newest installment in a legendary series of mash-up complications. Purists beware!
Mash-ups are my weakness. Some have called me hypocritical because I often dislike pop-EDM, so they question how I can like pop mixed with EDM. I think it is a subtle difference. The former tries to be both pop and EDM but fails at both. The latter combines two songs that succeeded at being either pop or EDM.
What is my favorite track? Well, I am a secret Taylor Swift fan, so I would have to say that the Harris/Swift Track would be my favorite. How cute.
Hello all. Its been awhile. I was on a holiday hiatus but I am back and have lots of new music to share with you all. Stay tuned because a few posts will come after this. Lets start out with a sampling from my favorite record label. I recently posted about how I suspected Anjunabeats Volume 12 would be the best compilation yet. I was not wrong. It is thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, and I suggest adding it to your collection. Below are some tracks from the compilation.
Here is the full tracklist in the form of samplers. I will guide you through some of my favorites tracks.
9. Smoke & Mirrors- I absolutely love the vocals by London Thor, and the high energy drop at 0:54 is hard to resist. They have release the full version of this track so I have included it below.
13. Memories- I posted about this track and the following track (Enceladus) awhile back. Check it out here.
19. Under Your Skin- Grum is proving to be a progressive genius. Watch out Eric Prydz!
20. Mezzo Forte
24. Kate (2015)- Arty may not have put out anything new on Anjunabeats lately, but his modern refresh of his classic track “Kate” is one of the best on this album.
27. Bigger Than Love- I can’t say enough about this song. I believe this is Bluestone’s first venture into vocal EDM, and he absolutely nailed it. This is possibly my favorite Bluestone track.
28. About the Sun
29. Mirage- THOSE VOCAL CHOPS!
30. A.I.- Many A&B fans do not like this song, but I think they are crazy. This is such a dirty and raw track that oozes character. If you like drops then check out 0:36. I’d say its the best A&B drop of all time.
31. Celestial– This is another brilliant Andrew Bayer track. Check out my previous post on this track if you haven’t already. I described in detail the feelings and images that this song stirs up.
32. Shake the Air
35. Alone Tonight– What a classic. A&B’s genius original is reworked by rising label star Jason Ross. All the raw emotion of the original vocals is left intact yet freshened up a bit. They have released the full track for this as well.